Saturday, March 2, 2013

Fender Jaguar Rewiring with Series, Parallel and Phase Switching

Here is a fuller diagram of a wiring circuit for a Fender Jaguar with series/parallel and phase switching based on this diagram which I found on the offsetguitars.com forums. The basic idea is to make available all possible switching options for two pickups. This is a relatively easy mod to make. You only need need to rewire the three DPDT switches in the lower bout. If you have a Jaguar with older SPST switches they will need to be replaced with DPDT switches. The diagram shows the wiring from the bottom, so in this diagram both pickup switches down selects both pickups in parallel, both pickup switches up selects both pickups in series. In original Jaguar wiring both pickup switches down turns the pickups off, both pickup switches up turns the pickups on in parallel. If you want preserve the "up on in parallel" aspect of the original wiring you can use a reversed image of the wiring of the three switches.
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I want to do this with my jaguar hh, it has humbuckers tho, what do I do with the other wires?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    Thanks so much for this post!

    I just finished the mod- not sure what I did wrong...

    ...both switches "up" is activating only the bridge pup, and the phase switch "up" only works with the neck pup on- when I engage the bridge, it cuts out...also the rhythm circuit needed a bridge between the terminals on the volume pot to even work- not sure what is crossed up- pretty sure the lead circuit is wired correctly...can I send a pic?

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Update:

    I finished the mod...works great!

    I think that the issue was that when I rewired the bridge pickup to prepare it for phase switching, by soldering it to the shielding...I had to then remove that wire from the pot.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete